The Iowa NAMA board is pleased to announce we are coordinating a mentor program for the third year with our student chapter, Iowa State University.
- Professional will be paired with one student NAMA member.
- You will be paired based off of your work experience, interests and skill set.
- Program runs from October 2019-May 2020.
- Once you are paired, you'll be connected to your student mentee via email. We are tentatively planning to host a "kick-off" event in October to meet your pairing in person.
- Professionals will offer career advice, host job shadows or office tours, review resumes, assist with interview preparation, or any guidance that will benefit a student.
- Monthly templates are provided to guide conversations between mentor and mentee.
- The required time commitment is once per month, either in-person, over the phone, or via video conference.
"The NAMA Mentor program has been a rewarding experience. We meet monthly either face-to-face or via google hangouts. I don't feel as if one of us is the mentor or mentee, we are both mentors and help each other with projects we are working on through idea sharing, review process, editing or positive support." - Renee Hansen, Marketing Lead, Premier Crop Systems
Mentor Program Survey:
If you are interested in serving as a mentor to a student, please complete this survey by September 20.