Primary Location-United States-Iowa-Des Moines
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017, and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Senior Associate, Client Experience
The Corporate Communications practice at Weber Shandwick Minneapolis has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Associate, Client Experience to join our team based in Des Moines, Iowa. We are looking for a collaboration-minded person with excellent media relationships, account management, strategic planning, team management, and digital/social skills to help support a variety of accounts.
- Developing public relations action plans, goals, media targets and pitch angles that require input from senior team leadership
- Provide input on marketing campaigns and tactics with an agricultural and/or commodity focus
- Persuasively pitching media and secure high-profile coverage for clients
- Serving as the day-to-day client contact during program execution
- Work across multi-office, multi-disciplined teams
- Breaking down and managing detailed tasks with the account team associated with planning and implementing special public relations events such as press conferences or trade shows
- Anticipating and proactively offering solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Interact with senior management and input into tactics and strategies
- Managing program and project budgets including program budget forecasts
- 3+ years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
- Strong writing skills
- Previous agricultural and/or commodity experience
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field
- Travel of approximately 10% time
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.