Reports to: Director of Marketing
Purpose: This is a temporary position that will prepare materials for tradeshows, make updates on social media, and provide marketing support for APC and the industries it serves.
- Coordinate and organize activities relating to trade show preparation. This includes the booth, space allocation, furnishings, utilities, etc. for the shows. Coordinate registration, appropriate funds, employee attendance, and invitations.
- Manage LIFELINE brand social media properties: post content and manage vendor relationships.
- Provide support services for the core sales team (Sales, Marketing, Technical Services).
- Support of the following marketing activities utilizing internal and external resources as necessary:
- Publicity, media relations and public relations programs
- Marketing communications aspects of new product development and introduction
- Literature production and dissemination including translations
- Marketing aspects of packaging
- Audio / Visual marketing materials including photos/slides and graphics
- Advertising, including print, electronic medium, other
- Direct marketing / customer communications program
- Marketing aspects of distributor programs and events
- Marketing research / Consumer Insights
- Sample product distribution
- Organize information for internal customers. Assist with development of appropriate information database(s), production of reports, and continued integrity of the database(s).
- Collaborate with suppliers on special projects as assigned.
- Ensure all material requests are fulfilled in a timely and high quality manner.
- Assist in maintenance of corporate web site and network files.
- Supplement customer and/or distributor contact, coordinating with Sales Managers and at the direction of the Director of Sales.
- Coordinate mailings – including but not limited to creating address lists and labels, cleansing data, creating or gathering marketing materials and stuffing envelopes.
- Assist in planning and guiding the creation of marketing materials, including but not limited to mailers, trade show graphics, brochures, etc.
- Travel to trade shows for setup and management as required.
- Assist in organizing and planning sales and customer meetings.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of marketing, sales, advertising, communication and/or related fields.
- Specific knowledge and use of the internet and computer hardware and software packages, including, but not limited to Internet Explorer, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of graphic design and graphics programs a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to learn the products manufactured by APC.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Knowledge of organizational methods and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work daily and other hours as required.
- Ability to assist other work related areas as required.
- Ability to travel domestically.
BASIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Approximate: 8 Hour Day (may be longer during peak season)
(KEY: N/A = Not Applicable; Frequent = 34% to 66%; Occasional = 0% to 33%Continuous; Continuous = 67% to 100%)
- Standing - Frequent
- Sitting - Frequent
- Walking - Frequent
- Bending/Kneeling/Crouching/Stooping - Occassional
- Reaching Above Shoulder - Occassional
- Climbing (stairs, ladders, etc.) - Occassional
Working on Heights:
- Unprotected Heights - N/A
- Protected Heights - N/A
- Lifting Weights from 0 to 50 pounds - Occassional
- Push/Pull/Maneuver Equipment/Products/Materials Weighing from 0 to 50 pounds - Occassional
- Being Around and/or Operating Moving Machinery/Equipment - N/A
- Operating a Vehicle (as a part of your job) - *Occasional *
- Read/Monitor Gauges on Various Equipment/Machinery - N/A
- Recording Data - Occasional
- Operating Office Equipment - Continuous
- Operating Computer - Continuous
- Simple Grasping (right and left) - Continuous
- Firm Grasping (right and left) - Frequent
- Fine Manipulating (right and left) - Frequent
- Foot Movements to Operate Foot Controls - N/A
- Good Vision, Corrected to Normal; or Ability to Access Required Information and to Perform Job Duties - Yes
- Color Definition - Yes
- Good Hearing, Corrected to Normal; or Ability to Communicate and/or Understand Required Information and to Perform Job Duties - Yes
- Ability to be Mobile throughout Required Work Areas - Yes
- Office - Continuous
- Multiple Locations - Occasional
- Plant - Occasional
- Equipment/Maintenance or Repair Area - N/A
- Rough Terrain - N/A
- Other - *N/A *
BASIC MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
This job requires the mental capabilities to take direction from others and complete work independently. Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as attention to detail are necessary in accomplishing the job duties.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND EXPOSURES
General office working conditions, and occasional travel with exposure to inclement weather may be required.
Safety: Emergency Procedures
Other: On-the-Job Training, Employee Handbook
Education: College degree or prior work experience equivalence required. Prefer degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, Public Relations or a related field is strongly preferred.
Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience in similar job function is preferred.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
For more information, visit http://www.functionalproteins.com/about-apc/careers/.