The Communications Coordinator develops and executes a marketing communications plan for assigned Commercial Units (CU). Synthesizes input from CU teams and US Marketing, analyzes market conditions, and leads market strategic planning sessions to determine the CU-specific communication needs. Prepares and manages the communications budget. Oversees development and distribution of sales communications materials including product information, advertising and public relations. All efforts are under guidance of Sr. Marketing manager and in alignment with product marketing and CU leadership team goals and strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as integral part of CU team through developing local market knowledge and delivering custom solutions • Apply communications resources to emerging and changing business strategies • Manage the communications process as it relates to CU-specific strategies and tactics • Support effective one-to-one communications with all customers and prospects in assigned Commercial Units (CUs) • Coordinate with US Marketing Communications Managers and ad agency team • Develop and manage communications budgets • Focus on learning and teaching, adopting best practices for leverage across geographies, creatively rethinking current processes, and listening to customers
• Bachelors Degree in the field of advertising, public relations, or journalism or equivalent experience.
• Five or more years with Pioneer, a communications agency or other professional experience, performing similar work with an emphasis on excellent writing skills and strategic planning.
• Knowledge of production agriculture, agronomy and/or overall crop management.
• High degree of knowledge of information delivery platforms, including print media advertising and digital communications tools
• Ability to analyze and compare different media alternatives.
• Must have the ability to make sound, thoughtful judgments on the effectiveness, efficiency and impact of communications alternatives • Must be a team player, yet have the ability to think and work independently – see initiatives through from inception to execution.