Works closely with Iowa Pork Industry Center at Iowa State University to develop and execute information/stories on activities and research. Provide direction and execute IPPA website content. This position will also be responsible for communications support of IPPA youth activities, membership, and restaurant and foodservice programs. Duties may also include other communication related activities.
Qualification/Background Requirements Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communications preferred. At least one year professional experience in communications, agricultural communications or public relations will be given preference.
• Develop, implement and maintain the communications plan focused on the Iowa Pork Industry Center as directed by the Communications Director.
• Provide direction and maintain content on the IPPA website.
• Provide communications assistance for youth activities and membership programs.
• Provide communications assistance for Restaurant and Foodservice programs.
• Coordinate and maintain a cohesive association identity in all communications activities, printed or other. • Assist other staff in development and production of association handbooks, brochures, flyers and other
• promotional or educational materials as directed.
• Communicate the benefits of association programs to producers, consumers and members of the community by being well briefed in all activities of the organization.
• Foster and promote the concept, purposes and programs of the Iowa Pork Producers Association.
Should possess a good ability to work effectively with people; communicate well in verbal and written form; and understand the culture of associations.
Location Will be located at the association’s office in Clive (western suburb of Des Moines)
Will be determined based upon experience and education
Contact Information Dal Grooms Communications Director Iowa Pork Producers Association P.O. Box 71009 Clive, Iowa 50325-0009 Email: email@example.com Fax: 515-225-0563 Website: www.iowapork.org
Applications Please send letter and resume to Dal Grooms by May 31, 2019